Code of conduct
ODI Leeds is dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, class, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of event participants or co-workers in any form. Participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from our events, without a refund, at the discretion of ODI Leeds staff or other event organisers.
Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Verbal comments that reinforce social structures of domination
- Sexual images in public spaces
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
- Harassing photography or recording
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behaviour
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
If a participant or co-worker engages in harassing behaviour, event organisers/ODI staff retain the right to take any actions to keep the event/work-space a welcoming environment for all participants. This includes warning the offender or expulsion from the event/work-space with no refund.
Event organisers/ODI staff may take action to redress anything designed to, or with the clear impact of, disrupting the event or making the environment hostile for any participants.
We expect participants to follow these rules at Munro House and event-related social activities. We think people should follow these rules outside event activities too!
If someone makes you or anyone else feel unsafe or unwelcome, please report it as soon as possible. Harassment and other code of conduct violations reduce the value of our events for everyone. We want you to be happy at our events. People like you make our events a better place.
You can make a report either personally or anonymously.
You can make an anonymous report by posting a message in our comments box in the reception area by the lift. We can't follow up an anonymous report with you directly, but we will fully investigate it and take whatever action is necessary to prevent a recurrence.
You can make a personal report by:
- Calling or messaging 07895 845749. This phone number will be continuously monitored for the duration of events.
- Contacting a member of ODI Leeds staff such as Kathryn, Amy, or Stuart.
When taking a personal report, our staff will ensure you are safe and cannot be overheard. They may involve other event staff to ensure your report is managed properly. Once safe, we'll ask you to tell us about what happened. This can be upsetting, but we'll handle it as respectfully as possible, and you can bring someone to support you. You won't be asked to confront anyone and we won't tell anyone who you are.
Our team will be happy to help you contact local police, local support services, provide escorts, or otherwise assist you to feel safe for the duration of the event. We value your attendance.
How can you get help?
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 07895 845 749
- Local taxi firm: Amber Cars 0113 202 2117
- Local A&Es: St James's Hospital 0113 243 3144; Leeds General Infirmary 0113 253 2799
- Local police: 999 (emergencies), 101 (non-emergencies)