Innovation with Energy Data - project associate
Innovation with Energy Data - project associate (short term)
ODI Leeds, a pioneer node of the Open Data Institute, is looking for an Innovation Project Associate, initially on a short term contract to assist with its current projects and support of its innovation programme - specifically a project focussing upon Energy Data at City Scale. This project will be a partnership between ODI Leeds and SmartKlub Leeds.
Who we are
The ODI, founded by Sirs Tim Berners-Lee and Nigel Shadbolt, connects equips and inspires people around the world to innovate with data. ODI Leeds works to do this for the City Region.
ODI Leeds & The ODI are independent, separate not-for-profit companies. ODI Leeds is linked to the ODI by its Pioneer Node status.
What you will do
All of the Team at ODI Leeds are involved in the day to day running of the Node and the Innovation space. This means you will be expected to provide:
- Management support for our Energy at City Scale project
- Support for our events/hackathons and innovation pathways
- Hosting and support for people who work within our workspace
- Written blogs, case studies and reports
- General administrative duties
As an ODI Leeds Project Associate, you will support the work of the ODI Leeds team, with specific responsibilities including:
- SmartKlub Leeds: ODI Leeds is partnering with SmartKlub during the period September - December 2017, to understand, publish, use and share the data infrastructure relating to City Scale Energy Systems.
- Client & Account Management: Our network, sponsors & clients work with us to understand, develop & deliver open innovation with data. We will expect you to support them and assist them to get the most out of ODI Leeds and the ODI Network. This means you will work with our sponsors to deliver against our sponsor agreements.
- Innovation Project Development & Delivery: ODI Leeds has a portfolio of projects where it is working with clients to access innovation using open techniques. Ranging from designing & convening open innovation labs,events and activity, advisory support, user research, which may lead to the development of prototypes by our Data Challenges Team. Examples include DataCity, #WaterData15, #Floodhack & #HighwaysHack, #DefraData & #TravelHack.
Your qualifications and experience
- Degree in a data or computer science, marketing, science, engineering, maths, economics, policy, business, social science or other relevant subject.
- Experience of working in a busy environment with the proven ability to work under pressure.
- Understanding of digital publishing & web development.
- A demonstrable specialism and background in data, energy, innovation & digital transformation of our Cities, Organisations & Institutions.
- Clear Client & Account Management skills and experience.
- Excellent business proposition & opportunity development.
- An interest in marketing & events.
- An interest in startups, policies and innovation.
- An interest in research.
- Excellent project management skills and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Organised and methodical approach to task completion including good planning, prioritisation and time management skills
- Able to research and work independently with strong attention to detail and commitment to fact checking own work
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a clear writing style
- IT literate
If you feel you would be a good fit for this position but don't meet all of the requirements above, we'd still encourage you to apply.
This contract is for 3-4 months (starting in September but could start earlier for the right candidate), with a pro rata salary in the region of £20k.
What we will provide
- Space to work in our open-plan, collaborative workspace in Central Leeds
- Guidance on your work and, your projects and programmes
- The opportunity to attend ODI Leeds events
- Access and connections to ODI HQ
- Flexible work hours
- A competitive contract during your time at ODI Leeds
- A covering letter (no more than 1 page)
- A CV (no more than 2 pages)
- If you want to be more creative than a standard cv please do so.
to Paul Connell (Founder of ODILeeds) email: email@example.com
July 10 2017
We are keen to recruit soon, and may be interviewing for this position before the deadline. Candidates are therefore encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
ODI Leeds Comms & Design