The launch of ODI Leeds: Transport
We're pleased to announce some exciting news from the ODI Leeds team - we're very excited to launch 'ODI Leeds: Transport' - the first dedicated transport-focused ODI Leeds proposition.
Based in Leeds, but drawing support from across the North of England, it's got all the familiar parts you already know about ODI Leeds - innovation, open approach, data, collaboration - but focused on projects, events and participants that have the shared objective of making the transport system better for everyone. It's a specialist and dedicated transport innovation programme, and its going to be led by Paul Connell and Neil McClure.
You can find out more information here: https://odileeds.org/transport/
Why are we doing this?
- 2017 has seen ODI Leeds run more events and projects in transport than any other sector. We're seeing loads of innovation happening in transport right now and public and private transport is undergoing a huge digital disruption.
- An increasing proportion of the ODI Leeds community is from - or interested in - the transport space. This community tells us that they want to talk to other participants in the transport industry with an increasing focus.
- We believe the future of transport will be more open, will use more data and will need more collaboration.
- We've seen this happening with our own eyes - from ODI Leeds' first ever event (#cyclehack) right the way through to our most recent projects (#Travelhack and #databus)
- So we've built ODI Leeds: Transport to develop, share and make the most of what we've done so far and make the most of what we do next. We want to walk the walk, not just talk the talk.
We've already got a number of projects and relationships ongoing Transport for the North (TfN), Department for Transport (DfT), West Yorkshire Combined Authority (WYCA), Highways England, Transport for West Midlands (TfWM). We're keen to build on these, whilst expanding the community, continuing to convene and engage the community through more projects, more events, more outputs.
All in the name of delivering a better transport system and a stronger economy in the North of England. Where will you be? Will you be one of the founders, driving real and effective change for operators and passengers alike? Or will you wish you had been involved sooner, wish you had contributed and made your voice heard?
If you want to take on a transport challenge of your own or take part in an innovation project, we can help you with every step of the process. Contact Neil on email@example.com to get the wheels turning.
Whatever your interest or involvement in the future of transport for the North, we are always available for a chat. Get in touch with your ideas, suggestions, news, and opportunities.