Vacancy - Innovation Consultant
(initial 12 Month Fixed Term Contract)
Who we are:
The ODI founded by Sirs Tim Berners-Lee and Nigel Shadbolt, connects equips and inspires people around the world to innovate with data. ODI Leeds works to do this for the City Region.
ODI Leeds & The ODI are independent, separate not-for-profit companies. ODI Leeds is linked to The ODI by its Pioneer Node Status.
What you will do:
As an ODI Leeds Innovation Consultant, you will support the work of the ODI Leeds team, with specific responsibilities including:
- Client & Account Management: Our network, sponsors & clients work with us to understand, develop & deliver open innovation with data. We will expect you to support them and assist them to get the most out of ODI Leeds and the ODI Network. This means you will work with our sponsors to deliver against our sponsor agreements, complete client reviews, agree action plans and develop propositions with them.
- Innovation Project Development & Delivery: ODI Leeds has a portfolio of projects where it is working with clients to access innovation using open techniques. Ranging from designing & convening open innovation labs,events and activity, advisory support, user research, which may lead to the development of prototypes by our Data Challenges Team. You can find examples of our work here
You will be responsible for working with the team to deliver, and in time lead, similar projects.
- Programme Management: ODI Leeds is developing a number of National Innovation with Data Programmes and we expect that you will be part of the development and delivery of these programmes.
All of the Team at ODI Leeds are involved in the day to day running of the Node and the Innovation space this means you will be expected to
- support for our events/ hackathons & innovation pathways
- hosting and supporting people who work within our workspace
- social media output & engagement
- conducting research
- writing blogs, case studies and reports
- general administrative duties
Your Qualifications & Experience:
- Qualifications or Experience in data or computer science, marketing, science, engineering, maths, economics, policy, business, social science or other relevant subject.
- Experience of working in a busy environment with the proven ability to work under pressure
- An demonstrable specialism and background in data, innovation & digital transformation of our Cities, Organisations & Institutions.
- Clear Client & Account Management skills and experience.
- Excellent business Proposition & Opportunity Development &
- An interest in marketing & events
- An interest in startups, policies and innovation
- An interest in research
- Excellent project management skills and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Organised and methodical approach to task completion including good planning, prioritisation and time management skills
- Able to research and work independently with strong attention to detail and commitment to fact checking own work
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a clear writing style
- IT literate
This contract is for a fixed term of 12 months and could be on a part time basis, it is expected that this will become a permanent position.
What we will provide:
- Space and resources to work in our open-plan, collaborative innovation workspace in central Leeds,
- Guidance on your work and, your projects and programmes,
- The opportunity to attend ODI Leeds events,
- Access and connections to ODI HQ,
- Flexible work hours,
- A competitive contract & benefits package during your time at ODI Leeds.
Please send: a cover letter (no more than one page) & a CV (no more than two pages). Examples of your work, or alternatives to a standard CV are welcomed, but please keep them short.
To Paul Connell (Founder of ODILeeds)
firstname.lastname@example.org, by Tuesday 17th April 2018.
We are keen to recruit soon, and may be interviewing for this position before the deadline. Candidates are therefore encouraged to apply as soon as possible.