The IoT Showcase running order
Internet-Of-Things is becoming an increasing part of everyday life and is already used on a large scale in manufacturing. There are plenty of examples of absurd uses for IoT - like the internet connected salt shaker or smoothie maker - and products/services still have an issue with trust and security. But even with all of these challenges, there are amazing advances in IoT technology that helps bring it within reach of a wider audience. As kit becomes cheaper and services make it easier for things to talk to each other, we will start to see more creative and ground-breaking uses for IoT.
It is in this spirit that we created the IoT Showcase as a second showcase event as part of Leeds Digital Festival 2018. Taking place on Tuesday 24 April, the day will consist of talks and demonstrations that cover all sorts of IoT applications, from the very real future of connected and smart buildings to the creative potential in IoT projects.
- LucyZodion - Urban furniture and a city's digital DNA
- ODI Leeds - IoT and data projects
- aql - The SME sim: Lora connectivity
- Things North
- Things Liverpool - IoT devices without bluetooth, wifi or cellular
- Mockingbird Consulting - Making better decisions through IoT
- Bradford Council and partners - IoT networks and flood monitoring
- Foundation for Digital Creativity - Invent things
Break for lunch
- Chameleon Technology - A digital conversation with energy
- Building Research Establishment - IoT, buildings and the environment
- IoT Tribe - Startup ecosystems in IoT
- AB Open
- Things Manchester - The sensor enabled building
- Foundation for Digital Creativity - Environmental monitoring
- AB Open - Environmental sensor kit
- LucyZodion - Smart street lighting
- ViCardio - MedTech blood pressure kit
- ODI Leeds - Gateway, 'tea totaller,' Mote
IBM have returned for another year as a headline sponsor! Their sponsorship covers the space for the 2 weeks of Leeds Digital Festival, helping us to make the space comfortable for everyone and keeping everyone fed and watered with delicious fayre from local food traders. We are also delighted that Lucy Zodion and aql have sponsored the IoT Showcase.
ODI Leeds Comms & Design