Vacancy - Sponsorship Delivery Manager
ODI Leeds Sponsorship Delivery Manager
Permanent / Contract / Full Time or Part Time - we welcome applications from anyone who can make a difference with data and will be flexible in our approach for the right candidate.
Who we are:
The ODI founded by Sirs Tim Berners-Lee and Nigel Shadbolt, connects equips and inspires people around the world to innovate with data.
ODI Leeds works to do this for the City Region.
ODI Leeds & The ODI are independent, separate not-for-profit companies. ODI Leeds is linked to The ODI by its Pioneer Node Status.
What you will do:
Sponsor Delivery Manager : https://odileeds.org/services/sponsors/
As ODI Leeds sponsor manager, you will support the work of the whole ODI Leeds team to deliver on its Open Strategy.
Working with the ODI Leeds team, you will be responsible for helping our sponsors get the most out of their relationships with ODI Leeds.
You will be responsible for managing our sponsor relationships and also delivering value to them this is a management and a doing & delivery role.
Specific responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Supporting and Managing our sponsor relationships - https://odileeds.org/services/sponsors/
- Client & Account Management: Our network, sponsors & clients work with us to understand, develop & deliver open innovation with data. We will expect you to support them and assist them to get the most out of ODI Leeds and the ODI Network. This means you will work with our sponsors to deliver against our sponsor agreements, complete client reviews, agree action plans and develop propositions with them.
- Communication and Engagement - using our website to help tell stories and build tools to present data and answer our mission led work i.e. #RadicallyOpen, #OpenDataSavesLives, #OpengovTech, #PlanetData
- Innovation Project Development & Delivery: Listening & working with our sponsors to identify and deliver against our Mission led ambitions and our sponsors needs. ODI Leeds has a portfolio of projects where it is working with clients to access innovation using open techniques. Ranging from designing & convening open innovation labs,events and activity, advisory support, user research, which may lead to the development of prototypes by our Data Challenges Team.
All of the Team at ODI Leeds are involved in the day to day running of the Node and the Innovation space this means that as well as the specific responsibilities you will also be expected to join in and do what is needed to keep the ODI Leeds show on the road, in simple terms this means we all help out when necessary.
Your Qualifications & Experience:
- Qualifications or Experience in data or computer science, marketing, science, engineering, maths, economics, policy, business, social science or other relevant subject.
- Experience of working in a busy environment with the proven ability to work under pressure
- A demonstrable specialism and background in data, innovation & digital transformation of our Cities, Organisations & Institutions.
- Clear Client & Account Management skills and experience.
- Excellent business Proposition & Opportunity Development
- An interest in marketing & events
- An interest in startups, policies and innovation
- An interest in research
- Excellent project management skills and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Organised and methodical approach to task completion including good planning, prioritisation and time management skills
- Able to research and work independently with strong attention to detail and commitment to fact checking own work
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a clear writing style
- IT literate
What we will provide:
- Space and resources to work in our open-plan, collaborative innovation workspace in central Leeds
- Equipment to do your work - laptop, workspace, wifi
- Guidance on your work and, your projects and programmes
- The opportunity to attend ODI Leeds events
- Access and connections to ODI HQ
- Flexible work hours
- A competitive contract & benefits package during your time at ODI Leeds.
- Salary 30,000 to 40,000 (per annum full time) plus pension and benefits, dependent on experience.
What we expect
- Friendly and helpful
- Can do attitude
- Initiative and innovation
- Pride in your work, attention to detail
- Presentability to clients and users
- Willingness to learn
- Curiosity about projects and our work
Please send: a cover letter (no more than one page) & a CV (no more than three pages). Examples of your work, or alternatives to a standard CV are welcomed, but please keep them short.
To Paul Connell (Founder of ODILeeds)
There is a deadline: Monday 1st November 2020 but please do apply early as we are looking to appoint quickly.