Case study: Scope's Carousel
|Use case:||Virtual networking|
|Event title:||Scope’s Carousel|
|Organisations involved:||Scope UK|
|Objectives:||To bring universal and targeted short break providers together to learn and share information.|
A two hour virtual networking event that replicated a real-life hall with virtual tables for exhibitors to mingle, share and learn. Attendees could join these virtual tables to understand how the organisations provide families with a short break, creating an opportunity to share information and ask questions before moving on to the next virtual table.
We researched the best virtual platform to use. We then designed, managed and delivered all of the elements of the virtual networking event.
What we did for Scope’s Carousel
- Consultation - We outlined the aims and objectives of Scope’s Carousel, which was to bring together short break providers to meet, share and learn from one another.
- Branding followed - Our design team created the Scope’s Carousel logo and imagery.
- Ticketing - An event needs an audience. We specifically work to make our event as open, free & easy to access for all.
- Speaker & attendee management - We engaged with speakers and made sure they were fully briefed & comfortable with the format - rehearsal & Guidance.
- Promotion - Our extensive & engaged network & community are responsive to our events. Social media promotion of your event to our network is included as standard.
- The technology - Every virtual event needs a platform - in this instance we used Airmeet after researching the best for this format or online event.
The virtual networking event was a triumph and the client and attendees were very happy:
A huge thank you to the Live@ODILeeds team who helped us deliver and organise our first ever virtual Networking Carousel. The online event was a great success, the process was seamless and communication was on point. Our attendees raved about how simple and easy to use the online platform was. Once again, thank you. We hope we get the opportunity to work with you again in the future.
In total we had 73 attendees and 113 registrations on Eventbrite, these numbers exceeded the clients previous in-person networking carousel.
If you are interested in organising a virtual event like Scope's Carousel, please get in touch at email@example.com. We are a friendly lot and happy to discuss what you want to achieve with your event.
A virtual conference
A 2-day multi platform online conference. Northernlands 3 is the third in this series of conferences which seeks to bring together the Netherlands and the North of England with the aim to support and improve connections – commercially, culturally and personally.
Scope UK commissioned ODILeeds to design and build a virtual Networking Carousel of curated exhibitors as an opportunity to meet, share and learn from one another.
Leeds Apprenticeship Festival 2021
A Virtual Fair
Leeds City Councils Employment & Skills hub throw their annual Leeds Apprenticeship Festival every year at the Leeds First Direct Arena. With the COVID-19 pandemic, LAF21 was to be hosted virtually.