At times we may collect and process your personal information; this, along with the tools we use, is standard among many sites. We do respect, and aim to protect, your privacy.
What we collect
- We collect personal data that you send us by email and/or when you fill in online forms.
- We collect data about your computer, such as your IP address, operating system and web browser, and the pages that you visit (this is about your browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify you). These form our website access logs.
How we use this information
- We will only use your personal data to contact you in response to a request by you or to provide information that we think you may want.
- We will inform you before collecting your data if we intend to use it for marketing purposes. At any time you can ask us not to process your personal data for such purposes by contacting us at email@example.com.
- You can access your data under The Data Protection Act 1998 for a small administration fee.
- Data we collect from you may be stored and processed outside the European Economic Area. This includes our mailing list (MailChimp), email (Gmail), ticket booking (Eventbrite), and third-party collaboration tools such as Google Docs and HackPad.
- Our website access logs remain on our own servers which are based in the UK. We do not make use of third-party analytics.
- We cannot guarantee the security of your data whilst in transmission to our site. We do provide a more secure version of our site via https.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Open Innovations Ltd, 3rd Floor, Munro House, Duke Street, Leeds LS9 8AG. Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Paul Connell.